Have you wondered how you can help the environment and still have good hair? Well, let us introduce you to solid shampoo and conditioner bars. These gems make your hair clean (obviously), add softness and eliminate plastics! Woo! They are also vegan friendly! DOUBLE WOO!
PS they’re handmade by me!
Helpful tips to start using your new solid shampoo and conditioner:
- You don’t need to hold the bar in your hand and rub it into your hair. Instead, hold the bar in your hands as if it was a bar of soap. Rub your hands together to create a build up of the product. Then place the bar down and use your hands to distribute the product through your hair
- Make sure your hands are wet before lathering up the products
- Our bars are smaller then others on the market to ensure you can easily work up a lather without dropping the product, but don’t worry, we’re cheaper too!
- It may take a few washes to work out how much of the products you would need to apply to your hair
- After applying the products you everything is as if you were using traditional products
- Shampoo first, then conditioner
- For longevity of your bars, it is best to store them on a wooden or bamboo dish. Placing them on a metal wire can cause rust eewwww, and placing them in a glass container or even a ceramic holder can cause pooling of water around the base. If there is a pooling the bar can turn into liquid where the water is touching and can create a goopy unappealing liquid. Click here to view our bamboo dish!
- Each bar should last 6-8 weeks depending on how often you wash your hair and the length of your hair
- Once you receive your kit, you’ll notice the shampoo is smaller than the conditioner. Don’t freak out, it’s intentional! The shampoo is smaller as you don’t need as much as the conditioner and we all know how frustrating it is to go through two conditioners in the time it take to go through 1 shampoo!
*Dish pictured is not included